Friday, January 6, 2012

Hallo Deutschland!

As of January 5th, we are officially residing in Munich!

We left Houston Wednesday at 4:30 pm (TX time) and landed in Munich Thursday at 12:30 pm (Munich time). Overall it went smoothly - our 6 checked bags all made it, no weather delays, and my last Jimmy Johns sandwich tasted great. The one negative was we both got pretty queasy with both landings, but we held it together. Hoorah!

Getting 6 checked bags and 2 carry on bags from the airport to our apartment isn’t easy, but luckily Uncle Rüdiger met Ellen and us at the train station at Laim and drove our luggage. Ellen and I had to walk to the apartment because the car was packed.
Jet lag caught up to us too last night – I woke up around 3am. I made scrambled eggs and read while snowed outside and had a fireplace channel on the TV. Noah woke up too, but fell asleep much quicker than me. Men.

As for how we have been spending our time since we landed, it can pretty much be summed up by this before and after photo:


It took about 6 hours and 1 injury (I stabbed my finger with the screwdriver) for the two of us to build just the wardrobe. The rest of the time was spent putting together our couch, dresser, night stands and bed, and realizing I have way too much stuff.

That is all my injured finger can take on the computer tonight. Off to watch (but not understand) TV on our new couch!

~Julie

PS - a few people I talked to didn't realize you could click on a photo to make it bigger, so I am sharing that tidbit with you all :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck you guys!I tried to send a good-bye text, but must have been too late!

    ReplyDelete