Sunday, February 5, 2012

It’s only been 1 month??


Today marks the 1 month anniversary of when we landed in Munich to begin our new lives. I find it hard to believe that we have only been here that long – it feels like we’ve been here much longer. I think that is a good thing – we have settled into a routine and are adjusting well to living in Europe.
Even more, I have been surviving my first winter. With lows reaching -18 Celsius, and highs only -9 Celsius, I have been putting my winter gear to the test.

The upside of the freezing cold: getting to walk around ON the Nymphenburg canal with Noah and the dogs. With the canal frozen over, residents gather on the ice to skate, play hockey, curling (?) and like us, just walk along it. We mostly walked along the edge to avoid getting in the way of the skaters and players, and even the dogs tolerated the ice. Though Sadie would hop up on the bank of the canal, and eventually refused to get back on the ice. At this point we figured it was time to head back. 
View from the bridge

People used their regular shoes to mark the hockey goals


This pretty much sums up Sadie's attitude towards the ice

Family photo op in the ice, can you find Rita? (Sadie would not cooperate, see above)

View with the castle to my back

No comments:

Post a Comment